Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Training for the Melbourne Marathon begins... well, soon

I'm training for 10k, not the marathon... this year, anyway!

The details for the training sessions they are putting on for the Melbourne Marathon are up under the training section.

I'm looking forward to starting a new round of training sessions that are a bit more challenging. I only hope they are as well run and welcoming as the group that organised the Run Melbourne sessions. It says the training sessions are for those training for the 10k, half marathon and marathon, but the sessions seem fairly demanding in terms of distance - 10km on the second Sunday! I'm pretty sure I could get my way through 10km now, but it will be interesting to see what pace they run the groups at. Slow could mean anywhere from 5.30-6.30 min kms... we shall see.

I meant to get my last run in for Sunday's race tonight, but got home from work late and it was pouring, so decided to delay it until tomorrow. Tomorrow will definitely be the last day to get that run in if I want to make sure there is no chance of being sore on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment