Sunday, July 11, 2010

Practice for the Run Melbourne 5km race next week

Welcome to my blog! I thought today was as good as any to officially start it.

Running Cat and I attended a Victorian Road Runner 5km race today to see how we are placed for the Run Melbourne 5km race next week.  I am fighting another cold this weekend, my second in a fortnight, but despite my body screaming, "I hate you for making me run when I just want to rest", I ran an okay time. I at least ran the 5km non-stop, which you'd think is a given by this stage, but our Run Melbourne training sessions often have to stop in a couple of places for lights.

For today's 5km route click here.

The run today was by the Maribyrnong river, which was a really nice place to run actually... if I lived in the west I might consider going back there for a training run in the future.  Here is the scenery we enjoyed today:


It was great being among another group of running enthusiasts of all ages and varying abilities, but clearly all fairly serious runners.  I'm realising more and more that the Melbourne running community really is well established and there are plenty of people participating right through winter while the majority of the public are getting massive doona time.

No comments:

Post a Comment