Thursday, July 15, 2010

Last run before Run Melbourne on Sunday

Tonight was a much better night to run... I don't mind running in the rain, I quite like it in many ways, it's just the puddles that get a bit annoying.You can't see puddles at night in particular, so you end up landing hard in them and splashing dirty water all over yourself. But no rain in sight this evening and I had a fairly comfortable run. 5km in 32:19, so about a minute longer than the VRR race on Sunday. I'm happy doing that time at the stage I'm at when nobody's looking. The 'nobody's looking' bit is important... it's so easy to slack off when you are running solo at night!

The bit I was most pleased about is that I maintained my pace the whole way. It's been a bit of a challenge for me because when I get tired my stride shortens a lot so I have to consciously watch out for that when I'm getting fatigued.

My split times were: 6:27, 6:12, 6:36, 6:26, 6:25.



No comments:

Post a Comment